Dan333SP
Serious Cyclist

Bikes: Emonda SL6

Mentioned: 97 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5721 Post(s)
Liked 261 Times in 99 Posts
Originally Posted by robbyville
After the initial responses to this thread I tried out trainer road and used it for 2 winter seasons. Fun program especially when commingled with sufferfest videos!

I actually beta tested the roller racing software for a while but had too many problems, not sure what happened with them but that was pre-zwift. I also did Zwift in its infancy and had a great time with it.

I've since moved to a place where I can ride outdoors year round so sold my trainers and rollers. About a month ago I saw the new version of Peloton with the online classes and was happy about it. I knew it was just a matter of time until smarter folks than I would come up with a useable concept although I still think that there is ample opportunity for a physical fitness company like 24 hr, worlds gym, etc to profit from a software only app that has the spin classes online but allows you to use your own trainer.

Thanks again for the resurrection!
You should sue both companies for stealing your ideas!

Kidding. If you're currently in Basye, I can't imagine that's a place where year-round riding is an option? Even Richmond has at least 50 days a year where it's either impossible or very unpleasant to ride outside.