View Single Post
Old 08-26-17, 11:07 PM
RinMotion

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by reppans
Brompton would be great for that city - nice bicycling destinations/paths connected by extensive/cheap public transport, with high population density and theft concerns. IMHO, the Brompton's ultra-compact/quick/easy fold, integrated/quick release luggage, stands upright and wheels well while folded (rack & X-roller mod) will invaluable for multi-modal transport, taking inside restaurants, and shopping-cart/baby-stroller mode is even great for grocers and malls. I can comfortably occupy a single seat in train/bus/car with a Brompton (w/rack) standing upright on my lap.
Thanks for that advice. I just came across a black Birdy 2 Speed Disc with a rear rack for what I think is a good price. The rack looks different from the ones that I've seen on the Internet. It is mostly covered as opposed to just wires. The price converts to just under $1,100 US. The Brompton P6R with front lights and bag bracket that I am eyeing converts to about $1,540. And the Tern Verge X20 converts to about $1,480. Tough decisions but I am leaning towards the Birdy for now.