Old 11-13-20, 09:19 PM
Cacti

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 8 Posts
Originally Posted by SurferRosa
You have to invest time and $120 or so in bike specific tools to add to your standard toolbox. Do it a time or two and it pays for itself. Do it twenty times, and it can pay for a nice stable of bikes that you can keep perfectly tuned for eternity.
I don't know. The bike I just bought (from an online bike store) is driving me insane and I haven't even had it a week. There was a rubbing noise from the rear wheel and I took it to a bike shop. The dude was really cool, asked me to leave it for an hour and he fixed it for like $20. After one short ride, it started rubbing again. The bike has hydraulic brakes and there is no way for me to adjust those pads so that they're not rubbing against the disk. I'm now convinced it's the tire being out of alignment

I mean, I know exactly what's going on. If I had one of those tools (that look like a micrometer), I could buy a spoke wrench and fix it myself. This bike has spent more time upside down in my living room with me trying to fix it than it has being ridden. I'm half tempted to buy a stand, the tools and fix it myself just out of principle. I'm so mad and disappointed. I just wanted a bike to go riding. Should it really be THIS much work? Am I being too picky? I'm not sure if a little rubbing is okay or not. I just know that friction causes me to lose speed, not to mention the pads wearing out too soon. I'm at my wit's end with this and I've only had the bike for 4 days!