View Single Post
Old 02-21-21, 03:28 PM
big john

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8280 Post(s)
Liked 9,041 Times in 4,475 Posts
Originally Posted by ls01
Tell me if this is a new thing in real-estate. My realtor came by yesterday, we were supposed to go look at a house but since I had no pre-approval we weren't going to be allowed to. I plan on paying cash after the sale of my home. Which is where things not only get weird but down right inconvenient. She suggested that I, after I finish with the fixing up of certain areas. That I basically move all of my things to a storage unit. So prospective buyers can imagine what their things will look like in my house. I am supposed to leave just the essentials. Bed, clothes, dresser etc.
are people really going this?
I was in my last rental for 16 years and when the landlord died, his sister inherited the house. She tried to sell it with us living there but couldn't get an acceptable offer. She decided to evict us which the listing agent may have had a say in. I think they suspected we were telling potential buyers the truth about certain things. They did spend a little money on it after we were out and they eventually did sell it.
It sucked having people walking around in the house while we were home. It also sucked getting evicted on short notice.