View Single Post
Old 06-02-06, 09:06 AM
teamawe

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by patentcad
>>its more the years of training and last 3 4 or 5 months of pure pain they have gone thru to get in the shape they are in that racers fear losing<<

I'm trying to understand how a newbie on the training ride constitutes a seroius threat in this area, but it's not happening. Sorry. And I've been on those rides for 17 years now. I've been the droppee AND the dropper more times than I can count. I've ridden with Cat 5's, 4's, 3's, 2's, 1's and pros. And hung with most of them.

It would appear the Road Nazis trump the Freds for The Most Unfathomable Mentality Award. With some of the racing dudes it would appear to be pure ego/elitism. But I do understand that. I know a thing or two about the suffering it takes to get fast. It never led me to the delusional histrionics I've witnessed on this particular thread, but I do get the motivation. I may not see things that way, but I know where they're coming from. Better them than me.

Remember, if you're yelling at me I will see your lips moving, but only hear the Foo Fighters.
Your name calling, the 3x espousing your years of experience coupled with your 2x stating you wear headphones while pace-lining (/BOGGLE) strike me as the most self-righteous as any who have posted in this thread. All done while attempting to belittle those of us who grasp the OP's point. Good job!