View Single Post
Old 09-01-05, 06:43 PM
downtube

Bikes: Many Downtube Folders :)

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 282 Post(s)
Liked 24 Times in 17 Posts
I am the designer of the Downtube Bike, my name is Yan Lyansky. I wanted to thank everyone for all the kind words about our bikes. There were some people that mentioned problems in trying to contact us in earlier posts. If anyone has any questions about the bikes please email me at yan@downtube.com or call my cell at 215-313-4844. I try my best to help all our customers in a timely fashion, however, my response may be delayed because I am a full time professor.

Overall, we are very excited about our bikes, in our first month we sold about 150 and sales are increasing. We are able to sell our bikes for less than our competition for several reasons. We design/import/distribute/retail our bikes. This allows for phenominal cost savings which we pass on to our customers. We feel many quality products are overpriced, our goal is assist in making a more efficient market.

To clear up some points brought up in earlier posts our seatposts are aluminum, the only steel components are the chainring, and the stem. The frame, brakes, barends, cranks, hubs, handlebar, and cassette are all high quality aluminum. Next years model will add an alloy stem, alloy chainring, and lighter wheels. I love some of the ideas brought up in this forum and we will use many in our future designs.

Thanks,
Yan