Old 08-10-20, 09:59 AM
Dilberto

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked 19 Times in 9 Posts
Craigslist COVID19 Project

Found this on CL, for the whopping price of $85. Seller told me his son left for College and never took it with him. I had the same, 1998 Cannondale F1000 race bike stolen from me, in 2001. I decided to bring it back to full, 1998 Volvo-Cannondale factory race glory. Little did I realize..... COVID19 cycling prices shot UP 30%+!!! What was supposed to be my sub-$500 Summer Project turned out to be a stay-at-home endeavor, costing nearly $1000.... all said and done. I was missing lots of out-of-production, NOS parts. My buddy Cannondale pro Tinker Juarez, came through with exactly what I was missing. He even verified this build was accurately what then-XC World Champion Alison Sydor was riding, in early 1998. By the way - Cannondale only raced linear-pull V-brakes in World Cup competition, for only 7 months, before the advent of Hydraulic Disc took the MTB world by storm. I've been riding MTB since 1986. Lots of Vintage bikes are downright SCARY to take on modern trails. This one will be ridden annually on smooth XC trails. It still works with crisp, World Cup-winning efficiency:

BEFORE:

AFTER:

Last edited by Dilberto; 08-10-20 at 10:12 AM.
Likes For Dilberto: