Surfindixon
Vegetable Rights!

Bikes: Cube Nature 2009

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by WinterLights
Hi, after being a lurker for a couple months I figured I should finally make an intro post!

I'm 24 and have never had a driving license, therefor I've been car free my whole life. While all my friends rushed to get their license as soon as they turned 16 I simply wasn't interested. I do have a lot of driving anxiety, but that wasn't the only thing keeping me from driving. I hated how everyone I knew with a car was so lazy and used their car as a crutch in a way. I longed for a more organic, healthy type of lifestyle.
You're one in a million WinterLights. I see very very very few young men taking to their bike in my city. It seems that everyone under the age of 30 has been honed and conditioned for a lifetime of car use. A majority of the cyclists I see in glasgow are men in their mid to late thirties and probably, and I may only be speaking for myself here, doing the 'midlife crises, ****e I'm nearly forty better try and rectify a lifetime of poor quality living' type thing.

I totally believe that society has lost perspective on many levels. But there's always hope. It seems your perspective is totally intact and I'm sure it will serve you well as your individual nature will enable you to separate the wheat from the chaff.

We make a choice.....We choose not to run a motor vehicle. That makes us quite unique in todays 'modern' society. I'm proud of my stance, you should be to, mate.