View Single Post
Old 12-13-11, 11:57 AM
geoluv
greasy hermit

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 1 Post
I didn't know Claptin was a rider that's cool.

Also why is May not on an all original Raleigh Twenty?

At my store we have loads of celebrity clientele 'cause we are in the village, funny thing is I only recognize a few of the top A-listers 'cause I haven't watched much TV for the last few years. Apparently before I worked here the first year we were open we got some newspaper coverage for actresses liking our shop.

The last two I can actually remember who had paparazzi snap them on the actual bikes later where Kirsten Dunst and the supermodel Agyness Deyn.

Kirsten Dunst brought in a fairly clean Raleigh Sports she had purchased from another store in the area a year ago. She needed it tuned and the stock, ripped brooks b72 replaced, also inquired about lightening it up. We replaced the rear wheel with a chrome aluminum ss coaster brake wheel. We have her ripped seat on our broken brooks wall. Papo snapped picks of her walking the bike to us, and the next day when she rode it away, they stalk her hard. I guess it's deserved though because she was in the best superhero movie of all time; Spiderman II, and she is an outstanding young actress who takes difficult roles.

Agyness Deyn is a British supermodel whom I had never heard of but apparently is pretty big time, she got Kate Moss' Burberry contract after the, uh, incident. She is one of our best customers and she is a huge c/v enthusiast but she rides modern Electras too. We built the below bike for her, Triumph Sports with 700's laced and the twist shifter. the below shot was for a magazine or something but she does ride it quite a bit, more than her other bikes. I think we actually gave her that bike as a gift.