Old 02-20-15, 01:06 AM
Redflea

Bikes: Trek 7.4 FX (2014)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Redflea
Just ordered this today - more for fun (lasers!) than anything else. Will add it to my existing setup w/just the lasers turned on. Liked the fact that it is rechargeable and thought it would be cool to have the lasers illuminating the ground to either side.

Vistop Bike Cycling Safety Zone Tail Light 8 LED with 2 Red Laser
Arrived today, and unless this turns out to be unreliable, it looks like a good deal.

It comes w/a post mount, USB charging cable w/special adapter at one end, and USB plug w/LED. The LED on the USB plug is green when the light is fully charged, and orange when it's charging. I would have preferred a standard micro USB cable for charging and a charge LED on the taillight, so I could use any USB cable/USB plug for charging, but it's not that big a deal.

It's big and bright, has a nice quality feel to it. The lasers are very bright (visible in a lit room) and and you can enable the lasers, the LEDs, or both, and both have blinking and continuous modes.

- Lasers have three modes - slow flash, fast flash, and continuous.
- LEDs have three modes - rotate through four different flash patterns using sub-sets of the LEDs, repeat one flash pattern using all the LEDs, all LEDs on continuously.

I haven't had a chance to test distance visibility yet in a realistic setting, but it looks very bright and should suit my needs perfectly. Actually I'm a little worried that friends I ride with might think it's a little too bright.
Have to see if it ends up being reliable/trouble-free, but my initial impression is very positive - glad I decided to check it out.