Thread: Pub 51
View Single Post
Old 10-28-16, 02:41 PM
seedsbelize 
smelling the roses

Bikes: 79 Trek 930, 80 Trek 414, 84 Schwinn Letour Luxe (coupled), 92 Schwinn Paramount PDG 5

Mentioned: 104 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7081 Post(s)
Liked 901 Times in 612 Posts
Originally Posted by rck
Haven't been posting much at all in the last 6 weeks. Partially because of my biking slowing down and frankly I've been tired. The reason for both is the same. I've been helping a friend who farms.

Usually this is pretty easy work. Helping to move equipment or making parts runs. Lately, however, we've been walking soybean fields picking weeds. It's a tough way to spend time as the beans are, in many places, chest high and tangled. Additionally, the temps having been in the upper 80's and 90's with high humidity, after 3-5 hours of that jumping on the bike isn't on the to do list. Mostly I come home, shower up and hit the sofa for a bit before getting up and of putzing about.

On the up side, he buys lunch.
I used to work on the farm for six weeks in the summer, for a friend who has a job in town. I also had a great deal of trouble getting on the bike after a days work. I was in my late forties to late fifties at that time. Retired from that at 60.