View Single Post
Old 05-26-18, 05:06 PM
Tourist in MSN

Bikes: 1961 Ideor, 1966 Perfekt 3 Speed AB Hub, 1994 Bridgestone MB-6, 2006 Airnimal Joey, 2009 Thorn Sherpa, 2013 Thorn Nomad MkII, 2015 VO Pass Hunter, 2017 Lynskey Backroad, 2017 Raleigh Gran Prix, 1980s Bianchi Mixte on a trainer. Others are now gone.

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3450 Post(s)
Liked 1,449 Times in 1,130 Posts
I was the first one to mention coffee when I said: "If you wanted the extra precision of pre-weighing it at home instead of using a volumetric measurement, buy a box of snack sized zip lock bags and measure out how much you want in each snack sized bag. I have done that with coffee for my french press on some trips."

I appreciate all the suggestions on how to carry coffee, but I put the little snack sized zip lock baggies inside the french press when traveling. Thus, they were well protected from puncture or anything else that could cause coffee ground leakage in my pack. And this way I had one pot of coffee per day on the trip since I counted them out when I bagged them at home. I have only done this on canoe trips where resupply during the trip is impossible.

So, thanks for the input but I got it figured out. Now if I could figure out how to make sure there is no frost in the morning, ... ...

There is one other hazard that did not get mentioned for bag punctures, ... ...