Old 08-10-18, 10:49 AM
Sir Lunch-a-lot

Bikes: Montague Folding/E-Bike, Kuwahara

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by wipekitty
It was admittedly a bit sad when I sold my last car - I'd had the thing for nearly a decade, and it had lived with me in four states and traveled through many more. I'd also dumped a lot of money into it to keep it safe and reliable.

I realized, though, that I was barely using the car and it would have a better life as a town runner for someone who actually needed to drive on a regular basis. Hopefully, the high school student who bought it had a few good years with my old car
That is pretty much how I felt when I sold my Dodge Shadow to the scrap metal yards after moving to Alberta from Saskatchewan (it would have had to pass another out-of-province inspection, which it never would have passed due to serious rust issues).

Many of us have dated people to whom we felt greatly attached. However, in spite of those feelings of attachment, sometimes we come to realize that pursuing the relationship further is a bad idea for various reasons - and so, in spite of those feelings we have to grit our teeth and break things off. In a way, saying goodbye to our cars may be similar: We feel particularly attached and letting go will be difficult and may even hurt, but it may well be in our best interest to grit our teeth and part ways (and maybe have a good cry about it later).