Old 12-15-18, 08:24 PM
Mobile 155

Bikes: 2013 Haro FL Comp 29er MTB.

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1470 Post(s)
Liked 45 Times in 35 Posts
Originally Posted by tandempower
I started the thread because I noticed an upsurge in scooter share popularity relative to bike share popularity. It occurred to me that there might be many people who prefer scooters to bikes as car-free transportation. The thread was only meant to compare scooters to bikes in terms of popularity as car-free vehicles for people who aren't already avid transportation cyclists, like some of us in this subforum of BIKEforums are.
And evidence either for or against the speculation would be valid topics of debate. Statistics, studies, and community reaction can be used to validate a contention that they are or are not gaining on bicycles. None of that includes an assumption that most of society is blinded by a grand conspiracy foisted on them by automotive interests, the government and any other fly by night conspiracy someone can dream up.

Links us have been posted that challenge the assumption that scooters are the next salvation of mankind. Nothing has been posted to contradict the assertion that the scooters are causing problems. There is no reason to assume people that resist scooters are somehow less aware of their reasoning than someone that supports dumping the things all over our public streets.

Some me people like cake and others like pie. It doesn’t have to become a social or political battle if one is more popular than the other.