Old 01-28-19, 06:55 AM
Garfield Cat

Bikes: Cervelo Prodigy

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 478 Post(s)
Liked 87 Times in 67 Posts
Originally Posted by JayNYC
The person answering questions for Felt on Facebook didn't really understand my question about tire size, but s/he went and asked a production manager who did understand. Bottom line, both the Breed and Broam have the same tire size limitations. The max sizes are 700C x 45mm or 650b x 2.1" (53mm). It's just the Breed comes with 650b wheels and the Broam with 700C wheels.

That's actually pretty sweet. It gives a lot of workable options. Everything pretty much works – from 700x25 road tires on up to 650x53.

And one correction from what I stated in my original post (they changed the specs on the website) – both the Breed and the Broam have 160mm brake rotors on the front and 140mm on the back.
Where you live there's 20 bike shops and try measuring the actual distance of that rear tire clearance. It could be that tire clearance may require how much clearance there really is. In one of the 20 shops, ask to measure the clearance on say a Open Cycle, UP. This will give you some indication of that Felt bike.