View Single Post
Old 02-12-19, 12:29 PM
bartek. 

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by CliffordK
I never thought about right or left foot forward.
I don't think it applies to starting off... I unclip with left, and start riding with right foot at 1:00 or 2:00.
Well, I am 100% goofy for sure. I had been doing skateboarding for years I my right leg is leading. However I unclip with both occasionally. I don't mean only standing starts as creaking was while simple but usually connected to standing in pedals for better acceleration. I have never thought about it but it's possible that I always start sprinting from the right foot forward. I can be simple natural. Even if I start at 1 or 2 o'clock that doesn't mean there can't be some reverse few moments later when at 12 that actually could makes creaks.

But, rather if you are say standing on the pedals without pedaling such as going over bumps or around corners.
Well, I guess you are more experienced than me here.

Putting weight on the left crank with the crank back will reverse the direction on the crank around the spindle (clockwise looking from the left side)
Left foot forward, weight on right crank puts the same stress on the joint as you would get from pedaling (counterclockwise from the left side)
One doesn't get the same reverse torque if both feet are generally moving forward.
I'm not sure if I understand your meaning here. I talked about putting weight on the right crank forward and pull the light crank. I feel lost now :-)

I am a little surprised that anybody is actually making Octalink V1 cranks. I know there are a lot of 6500 and 7700 cranks out there, so cross compatibility is nice, but I'd expect the choice to go with either Octalink V2 or ISIS.
What can I say, as 7710 and 7700 are still very popular crank arms, SRM decided to go the same way and use Octalink V1 cranks. As this is one of the most favourite standard in elite riders I was pretty sure it's super strong and reliable. I guess it would be good to ask some elite sprinters if they do any modifications to the standard set ;-)