Old 04-23-19, 09:18 AM
mongol777

Bikes: are all mine

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 179 Post(s)
Liked 42 Times in 24 Posts
Originally Posted by JWK
Holy moly. That changes everything for me. One of the biggest reasons I was looking for other options was the post on the BMC site stating that "50mm fenders fit just fine". I assumed the MCD would be the same, and I assumed that meant that 50mm was the max or near the max. I want tires 40mm - 44mm and I want fenders that would give good coverage. That would be a minimum of 55mm for fenders and preferably 60mm.

Please let me know how the fenders fit, what finagling you had to do, etc. What tires do you have on there now? Great build! Congrats.
Sure, I will post update when they are installed. Right now I have Panaracers GK SK, they measure to actual ~42 and change on 19mm internal width rims. Plan is to get ~45-40mm tire eventually - I'll have to see how much space I will have under fenders.
Mike's guidance on fenders is likely based on tested and safe and with no mods to the fenders which is the right thing to do for manufacturer. Your FD type will also play a role - I really like CX70, works just fine with 11s and does not get in the way so I expect may be little pinch on the fender.