View Single Post
Old 04-28-19, 02:00 PM
OBoile

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1027 Post(s)
Liked 325 Times in 204 Posts
Originally Posted by Road Fan
I think it does suit me well enough for now. I'm still just trying to get back my basic skills after a two year near-layoff. I've been on teh bike on the trainer, and I'm finding it tiring after just 15 minutes. I think I need to keep working at that to work up the duration to 30 or 40 minutes. At this point I would consider that an achievement.

I read and try to gain from this Forum, but for my own riding I'm not on the same page as, seemingly, the rest of you.

I googled "80/20" in several guises, and I don't find anything directly related to polarized training plans. But Dooner90 said he had a book about it for athletic training, and I don't see any titles on Google suggesting it's a strategy or criterion for how much hard cycling training you should versus how muckh lighter training you do. It's easy for folks with some familiarity with Seiler to see that as a description of the strategy Seiler investigated.

But, what books actually talk about the Seiler approach? If it's valid, what is it valid for? And if not valid, what is it not valid for.

For me it sounds like a sufficiently simple and sufficiently sophisticated way to see a training plan that will help me, though is it appears to be qute simple.
I think he's referring to this book.
https://www.amazon.ca/80-20-Running-...6481620&sr=8-1