View Single Post
Old 05-09-19, 08:52 PM
tobey

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 11 Posts
Spin Class- Great way to improve fitness

I thought I would alter my training over the winter an spring months so I started taking spin classes 1-2 per week. For an hour you never stop pedaling and my cadence was higher then when I ride outdoors or riding in doors on my training bike. Much to my surprise two things have happened. First, since spinning includes a significant amount standing (60-80%) I've found I can stand when riding outdoors far longer then I could before. Great for steep hills or just to use some different muscles and rest others. Second, I have been able to maintain a high cadence much longer then before. What's great is other riders who I ride with have noticed how much stronger I am then last season. Also noticed a significant increase in the percentage of male riders taking spinning classes at my gym. On average about 40% now.

So now that I'm riding outdoors I've decided to still take an occasional spin class during the riding season.
Interested in other riders experience with spin classes. (by the way I'm 67 and ride about 2,500 miles/yr).

Last edited by tobey; 05-09-19 at 08:58 PM.
Likes For tobey: