View Single Post
Old 05-19-19, 07:40 PM
Rollfast
What happened?

Bikes: 3 Rollfasts, 3 Schwinns, a Shelby and a Higgins Flightliner in a pear tree!

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1835 Post(s)
Liked 292 Times in 255 Posts
Originally Posted by starkmojo
Maybe I wasn't clear about the manlift. He wasnt working in the road, he was driving down it (at 5 MPH) no "road work" sign, no flaggers (also no High Viz, Hard Hat or PFA equipment.) he was DRIVING A MANLIFT ON A BUSY ROAD AT 5 MPH AND STILL EXPECTED ME TO YIELD RIGHT OF WAY WHEN HE HAD THE YIELD SIGN, because "motor" I guess. Also Manlifts are meant to be stable- they have an onboard computer that detects when the weight exceeds the allowable limits and stops the motor. (I know I have done this at work). They also weigh- 25000-35000 lbs for a reason.
God forbid the lift goes psycho or is an Uber Lyft or whatever. You're just making them uncomfortable and they were trying to be courteous and help you. When people are afraid you'll get hurt or killed, we aren't nonchalant. Being dead is no fun!

You still yield to construction equipment, as much as you would the Norfolk Southern 5:30 freight.