skiffrun

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by unterhausen
well, it was 6 weeks ago, so I guess he survived
Now, Eric, you know who I am.
You certainly could look up my RUSA results.

I don't recall if I reduced my intake before the 300 or not.
I do recall that I didn't consume much during the ride.
Certainly not as much as my buddy, whom I coaxed, cajoled, etc. through his first ever 300.
Harv commented two or three times that he thought he was "done" and needed to call his wife.
I was having none of that, and "made" him keep riding.
Believe me. Harv was no where near "done" at any point during the ride.

I felt much better than I did a year ago, particularly my legs did not ache for three or days as they had done last year
When I did the same 300 as a virtual solo pre-ride after having done almost no rides at all the previous five months.

I refer to "virtual solo pre-ride" last year because there were two other guys doing the 300 as a pre-ride that day.
Well, I can't fine Ende's blog, so ... no link to a possibly interesting write-up of that pre-ride.
So, here is a link to last year's 300 pre-ride write-up: ( Irregular Velo Adventures: Apr-22: Pre-Ride of Apr-28 Raleigh Region 300 ).
I yet to write anything about this year's 300.
So I'll include this: I felt great during and after the ride.

Oh, I did do a pre-ride report for the route this year: ( https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/.../messages/7415 )
It wouldn't be of interest to anyone other than those who rode the brevet-proper, so don't waste your time.

I'm confident I did a pre-ride report last year, but I'm not going to take the time to find it.

==============================================

Oh, for Eric and others from up north that think it gets hot on your 600's,
The Raleigh Region 600 will be June 8th.
It goes from Morrisville (SW of Raleigh) to Wilmington, NC and back.
Flat, fast, and usually HOT with headwinds at least one direction (sometimes both).

Last edited by skiffrun; 06-01-19 at 01:15 PM.
Likes For skiffrun: