Old 06-04-19, 09:58 AM
Jrasero

Bikes: Scott Foil RC, Specialized Aethos

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 226 Post(s)
Liked 135 Times in 89 Posts
Originally Posted by delbiker1
Saddles are one of the most difficult things to fine comfort in. What works for me will not work for others. It is very size, body shape, bike fit, material, type of riding, position, etc., specific. See if one of your local shops has test saddles for you to try for a couple of rides. For me, I need narrow in the transition area, relatively flat on top and not too much padding. Most will agree that any saddle takes some time and miles to actual find if it is comfortable for you. I have saddles that I did not like and stopped riding them, only to give them another try later, and find that are comfortable if I give them a fair try. Others have been comfortable from the first use, to finding they are really bad for longer rides. The saddle is one of the most important aspects of riding a bike, and one of the hardest to get right. I have a couple of saddles that I paid a good bit for that are now just taking up space. I have one saddle that I bought new for $14 and is very comfortable. I use that one on my commuter, errands and beater bike.
lol I am getting the common trial and error advice. I can see why cycling even if not serious can be very expensive. I might get the Selle Italia since it's on Back Country and they have free 30 day returns...

You are probably right since a lot of biking is subjective even if there are some optimal performance suggestions