Thread: Road cyclists
View Single Post
Old 06-12-19, 07:00 AM
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8186 Post(s)
Liked 9,098 Times in 5,054 Posts
Originally Posted by Hr1
Its looking like I've been misunderstood. If a mtb's characteristics suit you then ride on my bicycle brother. I found an excellent post on Stack Exchange on this subject that echoes exactly how I feel re: road vs. mtbs >

And then a bunch of quotes telling us water is wet.

If your only concern is maximizing speed on good roads, then obviously a road bike is optimal. But if you're riding in the real world with potholes and other obstacles, slick wide tires often work better.

As far as commuting, a lot of people do commutes where being aero really isn't much of a factor, and an upright position may make it easier to deal with cross traffic. Not to mention, they may be carrying enough stuff where the lightness of the frame is too small a factor to matter at all.

Personally, I like a CX bike, it's a good compromise that goes pretty damn aero when appropriate, but is easy to ride in an urban environment.

My sense is you really don't know that much about bikes, and there's nothing wrong with asking questions. But you keep making assertions about which type of bike is better that are really coming off as silly.
Likes For livedarklions: