Thread: Music Status?
View Single Post
Old 06-12-19, 01:09 PM
furiousferret

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 842 Post(s)
Liked 469 Times in 250 Posts
Sorry TMonk, not going to happen. I have enough bad songs that get stuck in my head. For some odd reason, a ton of them are the Bee Gees and Doobie Brothers songs, both of which I despise.

Originally Posted by robertorolfo
I think we are pretty much in agreement. I really like EDM (or as I used to call it, Electronica, unless that is technically different). I just don't get why the guys playing other people's music are getting more attention than those that actually made the music. I'd rather see the aforementioned Royksopp in concert and have them pause between songs, than have a DJ just play their stuff and mix one song into the next.

And of course mainstream pop has started to loot the EDM world: they are generally devoid of ideas and looking to "borrow" from what is hot right now and pushing the envelope.

Also, since this is Bike Forums, how about Kraftwerk Tour de France? Not much of this newer stuff can even compete with that.
I used to love that song when I was a kid. I listened to some of their other stuff but that ones a classic.
Likes For furiousferret: