burnthesheep
Newbie racer

Bikes: Propel, red is faster

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1575 Post(s)
Liked 1,569 Times in 974 Posts
That is a big discount if true.

I'd figure out if the discount also applies to other things like a smart trainer.

Not sure where you live, but if you're in college you might not have space to have a bike rodeo like some of us do of a house or shed full of 3 to 4 different bikes: road, cross, TT, etc.........

Meaning, you'd be limited to training outdoors on the road. Increase your training opportunities by looking into that discount towards a smart trainer.

I don't own one, but if I had more time on my hands I'd be all over some Zwift and a smart trainer.

FWIW, I'd get something around $2500 before your discount of 60%. That'd be like $1250 with tax. You'd probably not lose much money selling it later.

Then take the rest towards a smart trainer, Zwift, TP subscription.

Also, you're in college. Go do the crits anyway. It's 30min of priceless tactics and education in racing that as a dad and family man I don't have time for attending all the time. But those lessons, even for someone liking road race, could be super valuable.

Also, lots of your college racing buddies will probably be doing the crits anyway. And if on their team, they may FORCE you to attend some amount of them as a team member.