Old 05-21-09, 09:54 AM
TTU16

Bikes: Felt F-80

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hello,
I am new to this as well and dont plan on doing my first half-triathlon for about a year. I am fairly fit (could be doing a lot better) and only 25 years old. With this in mind, and assuming I just want to finish without being last place in my age group what training tips do you have for people that are just starting? I just got a Felt F-80 (is that okay for triathlons as well?) so I imagine learning to shift well and be comfortable on the seat and get some endurance for a good distance would be the first step, but I am up for any suggestions. I also have never swam long distances. I feel I can swim at a decent speed, but what is the best way to cut time on a long distance swim? What times should I be looking to get lets say per 100 or 200 meters? What times at a half triatlon pace is a normal pace for the bike and run as well?

Basically I am a former athlete that is just looking to get back into a decent aerobic condition and having a goal with a date like a triathlon will keep me motivated. I dont have the time to train to win, nor does that amount of effort seem fun, but I would like to at least shoot for middle of the pack. Thanks for any tips!