Old 11-12-20, 07:29 PM
KC8QVO

Bikes: Surly Disk Trucker, 2014 w/Brooks Flyer Special saddle, Tubus racks - Duo front/Logo Evo rear, 2019 Dahon Mariner D8, Both bikes share Ortlieb Packer Plus series panniers, Garmin Edge 1000

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 405 Post(s)
Liked 115 Times in 99 Posts
Originally Posted by c_m_shooter
Wow, that is a long video. I'm sorry, I don't want to waste that much time watching it. Is there a reason you choose to carry so much stuff on a tour that you are never more than a few miles from a town to resupply?
No problem on the length. If you check the description there are timestamps to the different gear segments - organized by category.

As to carrying a lot of stuff - that was the point of the video - to detail that and explain my gear, what it is, and why I had it. I had to stop every 3-4 days to resupply food, water was more often - and I should have carried more.

I dont race. I take my time. Both in camp and on the ride. In one instance on the n side of the cuyahoga valley national park I had to resupply. That was only a few miles off trail, but 400ft up in elevation with the first 200ft of that in the first 1/2 mile or so. Those detours take time. The less I have to do them the more time I get to relax and take things easy.

i dont expect anyone to agree with my ways. It is different. Hopefully through the video you can gain a better understanding of that, not that it would make anyone agree but hey - we should all ride our own rides.

Speaking of which - I am back out on tour for a while. 2nd night - in the tent and 0deg bag toasty roasty. Colder trip, but much drier than the one in the video.
Likes For KC8QVO: