Old 02-13-18, 10:36 AM
kellichou
Pedal Stompin'

Bikes: 2014 Metrofiets w/EBO e-assist; 2007 Trek 7300; 1986 Peugeot road bike w/downtube shifters

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked 15 Times in 9 Posts
Originally Posted by noglider
I wish a speedy recovery for your baby and some sleep for you and your spouse, @kellichou.
Thank you so much, @noglider. And congratulations on your new job, and I hope you get a more secure place for your trusty steed.

My baby is still in the hospital, and I am at work today. My wife is with her at the hospital. She's doing better, but still days away from being able to come home. Sleeping in a mausoleum-quiet house with only the cat for company is strange for sure--compared to the noisy hospital, with the hiss of the VapoTherm oxygen, and all the equipment chimes and dings, and all the staff coming and going all hours of the night.

I got to do my full commute of 11.6 miles each way this morning, it was glorious. About 20F, cold and beautiful. Some patches of ice, but not bad at all. It's supposed to reach 50F this afternoon. I like the quote about commuting being a great ride, except for the ending up at work part!