View Single Post
Old 12-01-19, 12:44 PM
Onfixiate
ABQ

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
In Tulsa, they went from a trendy boutique style bike shop to a dumpy warehouse, then moved to Colorado. Possibly a dumpy warehouse there. Who knows. At least one of the Okies is no longer involved, and may not even live in OK any longer. The company must have new owners.

I just turned 10,000 miles logged on my Wabi Special, bought from Richard Wabi.(joke. I know his last name is Snook)

It has been an expensive "budget" bike in the long run. The stock components aren't very good. I had a rear wheel failure at barely 4,000 miles, and the drivetrain components aren't really suited for high mileage riders. BB gave out, chain was literally junk, cheap tires that got replaced in the first 2 weeks of ownership, seat post that kept slipping, etc. I have a pretty good sized fleet of bikes and really have come to expect a lot from them, when they're spec'd with decent parts. I still have a new in box Wabi Classic frame that I will build up properly, and I would suggest that is a more cost effective way to get into a Wabi. Paying for a complete bike then having to replace everything makes no sense at all. The frame is good quality, and with or without a decal/brand label, it is probably on par with any other mass produced steel frame churned out in Taiwan.