View Single Post
Old 04-01-24, 12:33 PM
RoadWearier

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 392 Post(s)
Liked 110 Times in 77 Posts
Originally Posted by Brocephus
I rarely stop at garage sales or flea markets, but I do have a favorite thrift store that I frequently hit (honestly, the place is a friggin' gold mine!) I've gotten several lower end OEM saddles (Bontrager, etc) that have come in handy, and I recently got a nice set of Giro gloves, new with tags, for 1.99 !! There was a Specialized floor pump recently for about $8, but I figured I didn't need a third pump,and passed (and now regret it). Also snagged a couple water bottles, just as spares, and about 4 decent helmets, in new,or near new condition. Now that I think back, I've also gotten about 5 pair of good cycling shorts, both road and mountain (everything from Canari up to Pearl Izumi), but I haven't seen any shorts in a couple years now. There was a brand new pair of high end SIDI road shoes few months ago, but about a size too small, and like an idiot, I passed, when I could have put them on ebay for a slam-dunk $100.
...and I thought I was the cheapest one on this board, but geez! Used water bottles and used bike shorts? I have bought used blazers and jeans but bike shorts are just a little too close to other people's sweaty privates for me. Same with water bottles.