Old 12-18-18, 05:58 PM
LesG

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked 26 Times in 12 Posts
Thanks for the reply. You and I being the same height, I'm guessing the reason the Canyon size calculator put you in the medium is your upper torso or arms (or both) are a bit longer than me. I experimented a bit with their "sizer" and played around with those numbers. When playing with those numbers the calculator kept saying I needed a small but at one point after "making my legs and torso longer" it also said this: "Normally you would need a Size S. However, your inseam length shows us your saddle height would be around around 78.7inch. A Size M is therefore a better match for you."

Depending on the bike my body dimensions usually puts me right at the edge between needing large and medium (for most bikes but not the Canyon). There's a Trek store near me and I can, at least, give the FX6 a short ride before buying. Wish I could do that with the Canyon and I do like the CF7 over the FX6 for a couple of reasons besides price. If I go with the Canyon, the main reason I'm looking at the CF7 over yours is I can change out the stem as I did on my current Trek so as to tweak riding position for me personally. Unfortunately I can't do that with your model because the handlebars and stem are one piece... well I guess it could be done but now I'm changing out the stem and the bars on a $3000 bike. I'm guessing that one piece stem/handlebar design on yours isn't an inexpensive item... it sure does look good though! Frankly I really do like yours better than the CF7, not only because it looks a little better but I particularly like the 1x11 gearing.

OK, it took all of the above just to say, yep you're right, I better call Canyon and I also wanted to add as others have said, you've got a really great looking bike ta boot. Glad it works for you.