Old 12-20-18, 03:42 PM
DowneasTTer

Bikes: 2022 LiteSpeed CHEROHALA CITY, 2019 Canyon Roadlite 9.0 CF LTD, 2015 Giant FastRoad CoMax 1, 2001 Mongoose Pro Triomphe,

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 129 Post(s)
Liked 84 Times in 50 Posts
Well we have only logged 150 miles on the bikes so far due mostly to the the weather here in the sunshine state. But I thought I would just do a quick update. These are very quick (even with our old engines), nimble and comfortable right out of the box. I did replace the Ergon grips with Ergon GP3’s as we both like a couple of different bar positions on our longer rides. Also since Canyon doesn’t have any of the special Garmin mounts for the CH04 combo stem/handbar in stock I purchased a Garmin direct bar mount disc, the one using rubber bands. It works but will replace with the proper one once available on the Canyon site.

And I can’t believe Canyon’s customer service…… this morning around 9 EST I used the contact Canyon form on their web site to ask when the Garmin mount might be available. A few minutes ago 11 EST I received this message:

“Glad to hear that you and your wife are enjoying your new Canyon Roadlites!

Unfortunately, we do not yet have the H31 garmin mount in stock at this time. We are hoping this will be available in the next 4-6 weeks.

I can recommend the following Garmin mount which will be compatible with your handlebar:

Garmin mount: https://k-edge.com/shop/computer-mou...yd-race-mount/

You may or may not have heard of K-Edge before but I use their products myself and they are extremely high quality. You will need two screws to mount it as well. You will be able to find the screws at any local hardware store and they are usually inexpensive. Ace hardware usually has a great selection. The screw specifications are as follows:

Diameter: M4 (metric)

Thread: 0.7mm

Length: 15mm

Head type: Hex button head”

Talk about customer service they answered my question in a very timely matter, gave me an option using another vendor even down to the types of screws needed. You guys can look back at my other threads so you know I’m not a Canyon Troll but I have to say they have earned my business for the future as well.

The other thing I did today was to finally remove the cheap plastic dork discs. Up to these bikes I have mostly worked on Shimano stuff (well in the past 20 years or so). Headed to you-tube for a little guidance on removing Sram cassettes. Got the tools out and took off my rear wheel. Put the chain whip on, put the cassette removal tool on, got the wrench on and tried to undo the lock ring. NOTHING, no movement what so ever. So instead of driving through the swamp and breaking something I took a closer look. Couldn’t see any lock ring or the like so I turned the wheel over just looking around, heard a bang and saw the cassette sitting on the floor with axle spacer. Sure enough these just are basically held together by the axles. BTW the cassette is all one piece not the typical Shimano gears and spacers. Took the dork disc off and put everything back together.