Old 01-02-19, 12:18 AM
LesG

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked 26 Times in 12 Posts
I was hoping you'd post an update. I'm really glad those bikes are working out for you two. Your original post gave me the "wants" really badly and I spent several hours (literally) going over the dimensions trying to make your Roadlite work for me. It's not only good looking, it's got everything I'd want from the single chainring right down to the Schwalbe G-One Speed tires. No matter how I worked the numbers it ended up (on paper anyway) being a bike that put me in a more aggressive riding position than I want. I do plan on buying another bike this month or next (waiting to see about any sales) but with much regret it won't be your Canyon.

By the way, I know your rims and the Schwalble tires are tubeless ready. Are you riding them that way?

Below is pictured a saddlebag I got a couple of months ago from Acorn. Not a very good image but the only one I've got of the bag. Give them a look if, in the future, you're in the market for another one. The one shown on my bike is their medium size... also went ahead and got the small one (which isn't all that small) for the new bike (the not yet bought one!) . These are extremely high quality bags with a lot of thought that has gone into them. Problem is they're made by a man and wife team (and bike riders) that only makes them in batches every couple of months. Gray batch, Black batch and brown batch. I was on their email list for when the batches will be available... they sell out of most stuff within 24 to 36 hours. Anyway the medium one pictured has D rings on top to tie things off to, like a coat. To give you an idea of capacity, what I'm carrying inside: spare tube, dyna plug kit, patch kit, small needle nose, 6 inch crescent, miniature channel locks, tire tool, master link, CO2 inflator, 24 gram CO2 cartridge, dedicated bike multi tool, several lengths of para cord and I've still got room for a couple of sandwiches, couple of energy bars and a bottle of water... I just couldn't get the proverbial kitchen sink in there. https://www.acornbags.com/collection...=6152919121958