Old 06-12-17, 12:14 PM
Wheever

Bikes: 2015 Trek Domane 6 disk, 2016 Scott Big Jon Fat Bike

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 147 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 6 Posts
I would go for the smaller frame, and I favor the Domane for you.

I am of similar proportions, albeit smaller, and the rule of thumb I have found that works for me is to size by my torso, not my height. So, at 5'9", people kept trying to put me on a 54, or even 56, but it really didn't work for me. The Domane in a size 52 was *perfect* and I felt it the moment I first got on the bike. And during my fitting, all I needed was a 10mm longer stem. (Oh, and wider bars. But that's about my shoulder width, not the size of the bike.)

Have a look at the Domane sizing Chart. It shows me being on the high end of a 54, or the low end of 56. Both were totally wrong for me.

You are exactly 5" taller than me, and with a 5" longer inseam, and I would expect the 58 Domane to fit you pretty well, and maybe not need much of a stem increase. (They offer a 60, too, and that might be the best compromise, but you don't mention that in your OP.) I think the 62 would feel pretty huge, and end up requiring a very short stem.

The taller head tube of the Domane would likely not make the bar drop all that extreme even in 58. I ended up dropping my bars a lot over time, and I'm a not particularly flexible 56 year-old.

Good luck!