Old 11-18-20, 09:36 AM
Awesomeguy

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 203 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 9 Posts
Originally Posted by flan48
I actually went from a flat bar (Trek 7.4FX) to a roadie (Specialized Roubaix Expert) and back to a flat bar (Fjui Absolute 1.4) in early summer of this year. I find braking on the latter is easier for me! The more vertical hand position on a road bike causes me some difficulty due to grip weakness in my left hand/wrist(damaged a few years ago). Interestingly enough, I find shifting of the Fuji with Deore rear derailleur to be better/smoother than the Roubaix (with full Ultegra components) was (despite numerous adjustments)!

Much more comfortable these days. Attached are pictures of the Fuji after initial modifications,
and then recently with the addition of a Terry Fly saddle.

Best regards
Interesting, i feel like i may want to get a road bike down the road, i'm not really sure, if i will like them or not to be honest though
my current trek fx3 feels just fine, but for some reason, i get some tingling/sleepy ness in the left hand (very subtle), 20 -30 minutes into my rides, i have never had injury or anything in the left arm/hand, im still learning and adjusting and trying to better position myself

my concern was also breaking in the hoods as i would be riding on them most of the times, doesn't seem as strong as breaking in the flat bar, especially in sudden stops,or constantly slowing down in neighbor hood rides and i don't know if its worth spending the money if i'm unsure road bike will fix my left hand issues or make it worse argh.

Last edited by Awesomeguy; 11-18-20 at 09:41 AM.