Thread: Keeper?
View Single Post
Old 02-18-21, 04:21 PM
squirtdad

Bikes: Kirk Custom JK Special, '84 Team Miyata,(dura ace old school) 80?? SR Semi-Pro 600 Arabesque

Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2339 Post(s)
Liked 2,832 Times in 1,545 Posts
my 2 cents to the Dude

I am still pretty much a rookie with tubulars, but the ride is clearly better. noticed the difference when I switched from conti gp5000 28mm (which are a great tire) to Vittorio Corsa Control 30mm on my 85 team miyata. (wheel build similar ultegra hubs and mavic open pro rims) and my 84 team miyata with challenge elite tubies at 25 is the best ride of any bike I have but part of that may be the light gel 330 rims

I have done tape and glue. Tape is easy, but Glue really is not a big deal, IMHO there is way to much fuss and feat generated here is the best video I have found on that subject Tubular Tire Mounting Cement Gluing Adhesion by Yellow Jersey; Thoughts on a Front Wheel

brass brush wheel is great for removing old glue without damage

I like the cafelatex sealant

suggest 27 to 30 mm tires you can get good deals still from uk bike shops.

If you wanted some green contrast with the tires the pave here would be a option, and many people speak highly of the pave and bemoan that is is discontinued....https://www.merlincycles.com/road-bi...yre_width=30mm

enjoy