Old 02-18-21, 11:16 PM
Drillium Dude 
Banned.

Mentioned: 255 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2588 Post(s)
Liked 4,826 Times in 1,709 Posts
Originally Posted by obuckler
Sources I have used are almost always the typical UK vendors: lordgun, probikekit (all over) and most recently Merlin cycles which I just saw has some Veloflex and Vittorias in stock in the 50-60 buck range. Most are models phasing out which you will note if you watch things. I bought all my vlaanderens at good prices because they were moving them out. On a tip from this board I bought 5 more after not being able to find them anywhere for a while. I would not hesitate to buy their newer models.

this thread needs more pic and more of your alpina . Love the color. Below is my Bruce Gordon with pretty sure vlaanderens.

First of all, what a stellar build! Looks like we both feed from the same trough - even running LF hubs

I will add the above-mentioned retailers to my search and see what I can find. Although I currently have 3 pair (and really, this will be my only tubular-wheeled bike), I do want to put a nice, modern pair on at some point. Veloflex, Vittoria, and Challenge are all on my short list.

Oh, for sure I'll be posting more pics; this bike has truly been neglected when it comes to sharing here. I'll fix that in the next couple days, always assuming I can pick up the tape locally. I may look online, too, see if I can save a little coin that way. Then, the completed wheels will sit and mellow for an entire month while I'm out of town; the test ride will hopefully go down early April.

DD