View Single Post
Old 02-04-14, 10:37 PM
Artkansas 
Pedaled too far.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
We got freezing rain all day, so all the trees looked like shiny glass. In the evening, I went to a meeting in North Little Rock, across the Arkansas river. I took the bus between my apartment and the downtown Little Rock transit center. Then I had a little extra time so I opted to walk across the river to the meeting. Oops. The streets were fine but the sidewalk along the bridge was covered with broken bits of ice, so I had to watch where I stepped and walk carefully.

After the meeting, I walked out and couldn't find any bus stop signs even though the street I was on should have been directly on the bus route. So I opted to walk back over one of the the train bridges that was converted to a pedestrian bridge. That turned out to be downright slick with ice all the way across the river. One section of the bridge is raised and there is an elevator at each end of the raised portion. But they were out of commission so I had to go up and down the icy steps. Happily, my arms were just long enough to hold on to the railings on both sides of the steps. But I made it back to the transit center in time for the last bus home.

It wasn't a walk, it was an adventure.

Originally Posted by Bjforrestal
I don't care if you are on a unicycle, as long as you're not using a motor to get places you get props from me. We're here to support each other. Share ideas, and motivate one another to actually keep doing it.

Last edited by Artkansas; 02-04-14 at 10:41 PM.