Old 06-01-18, 04:18 PM
HerrKaLeun

Bikes: Giant Toughroad SLR1 and Motobecane Sturgis NX

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 900 Post(s)
Liked 231 Times in 168 Posts
Originally Posted by mtb_addict
No. I guess Aldi doesn't sell it anymore. Mine has amesh panel like this Deuter below. Like air conditioning for your back.
aldi typically offers the best in their price category. This week they have a camping theme and have a hydration backpack similar to camel. Well, too small for me and doesn't have the mesh panel.

I did some more sending back After getting the hikelite 26 and the Osprey Tropos from amazon and returning both (sorry, Amazon). Both great in their kind, but I kind of decided to send them back and get a rack and strap my old backpack on. but then I thought 1% of my riding is commuting and the rack would be useless weight 99% of the time. then i saw Backcountry Edge has the hikelite 26 on sale for $75 ($100 MSRP) and I may use that ans also have a smaller hiking pack. so i ordered that (again) and used it today. It took all my food and coffee and didn't leave me sweating on my back (at least not more than the rest of my body). so this is a keeper. I never ever want to get another backpack without that mesh panel.

If you commute more than me (I only have 6 miles one way 1-2 times a week) or have to transport more, I doubt a backpack will be good.