Old 06-01-19, 12:59 PM
AusTexMurf

Bikes: 2010 Origin8 CX700, 2003 Cannondale Backroads Cross Country, 1997 Trek mtn steel frame converted commuter/tourer, 1983 Univega Sportour, 2010 Surly LHT, Others...

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked 15 Times in 12 Posts
Folks I know that have them really like the Soma Smoothie. All City Mr. Pink or Macho Man are nice frames.
Since you mentioned mounts, makes me think of the Surly Midnight Special. Road geometry w/ 650B wheels and WTB Byways.
I am very happy with my Bianchi Volpe for commuting but if buying new now, might very well end up on the Midnight Special.

Surly Midnight Special

Midnight Special is a road plus bike designed to provide comfort and speed on those all-day rides that extend well beyond fresh pavement.
Midnight Special shines on pot-holed, deteriorating pavement and the occasional long stretch of gravel. Its 650b road plus tires eat up road chatter and absorb all the bumps in the road like the champion it was designed to be.

When it comes to road bikes, we just want to toss a few bananas into our pockets and see where the road takes us. We seek out varied surfaces on our rides and frequently go from pavement to gravel to ****tier pavement. Midnight Special allows us to accomplish all of that quite comfortably.