View Single Post
Old 06-14-19, 07:55 PM
350htrr

Bikes: 27 speed ORYX with over 39,000Kms on it and another 14,000KMs with a BionX E-Assist on it

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1024 Post(s)
Liked 57 Times in 49 Posts
Originally Posted by Joe Bikerider
I ride regularly on the Contra Costa Canal trail and it's perpendicular friend the Iron Horse Trail. Contra Costa County, East Bay Area, California. (whew). The last couple days I've experienced several dangerous encounters with E-things. First was a couple of young boys riding powered scooters weaving in and out of pedestrians. Schools out lets go?! They both looked to have very large batteries, maybe legal but certainly not legal behavior. Next was another young man who sped past me on a fat bike with tons of power and no apparent need to pedal as he sped past. Third, a middle aged man who maybe could have pedaled but instead just zoomed up the slight hill into and through the tunnel under I680. Two other E bikes passed me at speed. I know there are so many people saying they are just keeping up with their age and blah blah blah. But I don't ride to be on a motorcycle track. This is now out of control and I'm sick out it.. Incidents have be reported to the EBRPD. Regards.
Ding, ding... ding... We have a trifecta... Having said that, I am still , 100% for E-Assist bikes being "regarded legally as bicycles", BUT, that one would still |NEEDS/MUST have to pedal to get anywhere, with motors small enough to NOT be able to do the job all by themselves... ... How hard IS that to accomplish,...??? Well here in N. America it seems nearly impossible, and yet over in the E.U. it has been the case for decades... a sensible compromise has been already reached, with pedaling effort, and motor assistance combined, to still keep the E-Assisted bicycle a bicycle, (legally) anyways... and, Even morally up to a point...
Likes For 350htrr: