Old 06-15-19, 01:07 AM
01 CAt Man Do

Bikes: Mountain bike & Hybrid tour bike

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 183 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by 2old
Can't you put the bike on/in your car and drive where the weather is more clement, then stay for a few days (forever)?
Not really practical most of the time. More practical to look at the local weather radar and then try to judge where you think the rain is going to go. All depends on the size of the storm cells and the times when they will be in your area. I'm willing to drive a couple hours from my home area but I like knowing the roads I am going to ride. I rarely go out on road rides and just ride randomly around. Luckily for me my job gives me a vast knowledge of my local state. I have a couple nice rides worked up on my "Ride with GPS" account that would take me along some nice country back roads of Md.'s Eastern Shore. Sadly to get to these places would take more than a two hour drive but I'd love to give it try since most of the terrain over there is flat which would help conserve power from the battery. Still, during weeks when there are daily storms that come from the south and/or the west it can be almost impossible to guess just where to go to avoid the rain.

Today I drove down to the entrance gate to *Patapsco State park which is close to where I work ( *which I mention in post # 3 ) just to find out if the Grist Mill trail ( MUP ) was reopened. The man at the gate told me that the trail was now completely open. That made my day. I can now plan the loop I used to do that went through the park. The man also told me that the Dam that used to be there had now been completely removed. I'm going to miss that ol' dam. Lots of local as well as personal history with that old dam. Only reason it was removed was because environmentalist convinced the local government that some local water species were being effected by the presence of the dam. During that time the Obama administration was helping fund local environmental projects and unfortunately the Patapsco dam got targeted even though many people ( including myself ) considered it an important part of the local history. Took them some years to get the project going but they finally did get around to it. I can only imagine what the river that now flows freely down to the Chesapeake bay is going to look like. I'll probably find out tomorrow when I do the loop. I have a feeling when I get to the spot where the dam used to be that I'm going to be wiping tears from my eyes.

Last edited by 01 CAt Man Do; 06-15-19 at 10:11 AM.