View Single Post
Old 12-11-18, 02:19 PM
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8186 Post(s)
Liked 9,094 Times in 5,053 Posts
Originally Posted by mtb_addict
I would use the power of social media to bring justice. I would do my work detective work, in case the cops drop the ball. You might be able to find out the seller's name and address. Maybe pretend like you're interested in buying to get the seller to tell you about it and his name and address. Don't accuse him. Use social engineering skillz to your advantage. Use Facebook to investigate too. Perhaps, the thieve took pictures of the bike right after he stole it from you and posted it on FB. Maybe you get lucky, and find evidence of beyond reasonable doubt to show the seller is the bandit. Or maybe you'll find the guy did legitimately buy it from someone else. My gut feeling tells me the theive probably is not dumb enough to try to sell it online himself.

I have to wonder, if it was rusty, isn't there a pretty good possibility it was left out in the open abandoned by the thief? This person may have just found the bike dumped somewhere.