Old 10-03-11, 06:48 PM
powell

Bikes: E+ kit, BIONX

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 7 Posts
A123 is of course number one choice.
You Can buy A123 from Mavizen, FalvonEV, RCracing, cellman and others.
LifeBatt can be number two, please, but once we are here = person who sells is one thing, quality of cell is another thing. So if you had the problem with person selling it does not mean cell is low quality. Keep this in mind.
A123 15Ah or 20Ah flat cells in 1000W 40A application on ebike will last very long time - I am sure more than 10 years. Just look at the specs and you can see that no A123 cell cannot be afraid of any regen , they can be charged at 50 A current.
Don't buy uknown Chinese-brand crap , just wastage of money especially from eBuy. Of course they claim all kind of specs., cheaters.
Again A123 is very well researched and proofen, why to look at China brand crap?
Please, notice - everything is made in China, but there are Western manufacturers which just move all assembly lines to China allcompolete with supervisors and managers AND there are China brand facories with , so please, don't mix here.
A123 original 20Ah pouch/flat cell can cost $70, beacuse quality stuff cost money for a reason.
I am starting to costruct my A123 20Ah pack for my E+ this winter.

My HPS 36V10Ah built with grey BMI cells pack I bought from LifeBatt has NOT deteriorated even a bit since June 2008 ,
I did discharge run of over 35km and at 9.5 Ah used still I didn't hear 3 beeps which means cell reached close to critical low voltage /I use VMS boards don't
have LVC cut off/. When I bought and starting to use my LifeBatt pack Cateye computer on my TF read 10,5050 km , now today it shows 20,729km.
You judge yourself.
If you don't believe me ask Ypedal member of ES forum , he is using PSI green cells which are very close to specs and construction/identical size/ to my grey cells used in my HPS pack for very long time.
I belive you can stillbuy them from ES member.
MIRO13CAR

Last edited by powell; 10-03-11 at 07:26 PM.