Old 05-15-13, 09:33 AM
Shakeyone

Bikes: 2012 Specialized Tricross-Sport

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by pdlamb
Second is that a clyde's stomach gets in the way when he tries to get down in the drops.
I really hate that comment... because its true. I got my CX bike last Aug @275ibs couldnt breathe for s#*t using them. whole point was with flat bars hand grip was limited so not using the drops really blew me away. Thats why that comment stings for me. Off-season, no riding or evil trainer riding, just core/total body workout to maintain / slow weight loss, and @250 I love the drops especially the windy days. Now if I can find some good old skool hooks I got the H2 ergo kind and hate that kink in the middle of the hook.

Comment aside, I know plenty big guys ride road bikes, and I don't want to steer you away from it, but I think biggest determing factor is how well do you know bikes and repairs? Do you have a repair stand, trueing stand and misc bike specific tools? (this can also be off set with a big pocket book and N+2) If most of that is true then go for it, if not hammer out some research on wheels and repairs along with product lines.

The CX bike I mentioned earlier with only 1500 miles on it is taking a beating (I only use it as a big tire roadie 32c) and I dont have the repair skills or tools and its costing me a lot of cash I dont have on the repairs.

Last edited by Shakeyone; 05-15-13 at 10:08 AM.