View Single Post
Old 01-17-18, 06:38 PM
Danny01

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 127 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Sakriv
I contacted Jamis for clarification on the Renegade Escapade's fork clearance after seeing your post and they said "the fork is the same fork that we have been using and will fit 700x42 and 650x47 tires," but they asked me for a picture facing the front of your bike, and also want to know what size frame you have and what size tires those are in your pictures (I hope you don't mind that I showed them your pic from this thread and also the one you posted in the Modern Steel Road Bike Appreciation Thread). I already told them you said 700x35 but I guess they want to confirm. I will pass along the frontal picture, frame size, and tire size info to Jamis if you post them. I can't send you a private message because I'm under 10 posts.
Tires are 700c x 35 Schwalbe G One. Bike size is 48cm. In the smaller 44 and 48 sizes, these bikes come with 650b wheels stock for the 2018 models. This probably explains the reduced vertical clearance in the fork. If you could ask them if the fork on the 44 and 48 have less clearance, I would appreciate it. To reiterate, these wheels and tires in the picture were removed from a 2016 48cm Expat. It had fenders front and rear with plenty of clearance. Same exact wheels and tires do fit with a fender on a 2018 48cm Escapade on the rear, but front tire barely clears the top of the fork WITHOUT the fender.