Thread: My Turn
View Single Post
Old 05-09-18, 10:41 AM
Biker395 
Seat Sniffer

Bikes: Serotta Legend Ti; 2006 Schwinn Fastback Pro and 1996 Colnago Decor Super C96; 2003 Univega Alpina 700; 2000 Schwinn Super Sport

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 945 Post(s)
Liked 1,986 Times in 569 Posts
Well, I wouldn't call it a miracle, but it's close.

The doc said I was healing very, very well. We didn't discuss the Xray, but I could see that there was a significant amount of healing, in particular at the top of the tibial plateau. There is good news and bad news. The bad news first:

1. I am still to avoid weight bearing. That means more crutching around for the next 4 weeks at least.

Now the good news:

1. I can start using a stationary bike. He suggested I use pain as my guidance, and make sure that whatever I do, I back off if I feel any pain. That's easy ... comes naturally to me. lol

2. I asked if it was possible to get an appointment with him before the RAAM and whether there was any likelihood I could stay in the race. Astoundingly, he was available before the RAAM and the answer to whether I would be cleared was "very likely." I have an appointment with him 2 days before the race, and at that point, I may well be cleared to ride. He knows I am on a team, which helps a lot. No guarantees, though.

So I set up a trainer last night. No issues with the knee so long as I keep the resistance light. But oy ... sitting on a bike seat after not doing so for 2 months? It feels like a dull knife up my arse. I'm going with a woman's seat for a while.

The X-ray