View Single Post
Old 08-06-18, 10:00 AM
antimonysarah

Bikes: Nishiki Bel-Air, Brompton P6L, Seven Resolute SLX, Co-motion Divide, Xtracycle RFA

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked 66 Times in 33 Posts
Originally Posted by njkayaker
I saw the problem on the Touring of not being able to to restart routes. I sold it and bought a used 800.

Another problem with the Touring is that it doesn't support "course points" and "off course" warnings (when using turn guidance). Things that would have helped with the "restarting route" problem.

The Touring removed some useful navigation features to make the device easier to use (doing that made the device less useful).

It's possible that the more-popular (or important) units get more attention to fixing bugs. (One reason, maybe, to avoided the Touring/Explore models.)
My older Touring did all that just fine, which was partly why I bought the same thing rather than upgrading. Unfortunately, they "fixed" something in a software upgrade somewhere, alas. (They did seem to fix the "make a u turn" bug where it would frequently get CONVINCED you missed a turn and needed to go back and do it, but that one was just annoying rather than show-stopping, because since restarting a route worked I'd just save and restart....)

Tax-free weekend this weekend, time to go shopping. And that means my husband can have the Touring for D2R2.