newsace
Wannabe commuter & tourer

Bikes: Specialized Allez Sport

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by a2psyklnut
First off, I don't like Diet drinks, I've drank them in the past, but if I'm going to do a Diet soda, I'd rather just drink water.
My problem isn't drinking water, it's NOT drinking mt. dews. The combination of sugar and caffein has me hooked.
Same problem for me: Mtn. Dew, nectar of the gods. I've managed to go soda-free for as much as a month, but then have one and it's all downhill from there. Tried going with the diet drinks, but just can't stomach them, no matter the artificial sweetener they use or the amount of sodium. Actually do agree with later poster that Diet Rite is good alternative on the sodium end, but even though it's also the best tasting of the diet drinks IMHO, that still doesn't make it palatable. Plus, with the debate over the safety of artificial sweeteners, including Splenda, and the studies reported about people who switch to diet sodas actually gaining weight, I'll take my chances on high fructose corn syrup until I can get my a$$ in gear to cut them out entirely.

Starting from 255 now on my get-in-shape endeavor (after not succeeding a couple of years ago when starting from 220). But first, there's a 12 ounce can of green goodness and a couple of Halloween candies calling my name.

mike