Old 12-27-15, 11:36 PM
Kindaslow

Bikes: SWorks Stumpy, Haibike Xduro RX, Crave SS

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 514 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts
Originally Posted by ErichVonCartman
I support your purchases 100%. It's all personal preference and no one should tell any of us what we need or don't need.

Mtn Bikes are all about the bling! Chris King or I9 hubs, Fox Racing Shox, Carbon bars, etc, etc. It's all personal taste really. I don't buy XTR or Dura Ace all the time, I am just saying I never regret it when I do buy top.

I am running XT for brakes on my Nomad, and want to try XTR someday, but the XT's are good enough for me. I too also have X01 for shifters, and do NOT feel the need to upgrade.
Funny you mention Chris King. I am so sick of seeing his parts on bikes that I went with Hope hubs on my new bike. His parts are great, but I wanted something different. I run XT brakes on my commuter, because I want some extra movement before engagement (very long, steep and wet hills in which the XT are a better choice). But, for the MTB XTRs or Guide RSCs are worth every penny.

We will have to disagree about MTBs and bling, though. Luckily, we do not need to agree

I doubt I would regret full XTR or Dura Ace, I just make the choices based on what makes sense to me. For example, I have looked at Rolex watches for years. But, the difference between Rolex and Raymond Weil left about $5,000 in my investment account. That $5,000 will hopefully be $15,000 or more when I retire.